We are working with a leading supplier of building materials who due to increased sales and demand are recruiting a Transport Manager for their branch in Croydon. Working within a vibrant depot with a great team ethic the role will involve managing drivers, yard staff and planning delivery routes and loads.
The Transport Manager will be the key link between the sales and operations of the business, ensuring the company can safely maximise the delivery of products via a fleet of 5 vehicles. The role will also involve communicating with customers to ensure a first class customer experience.
* Route Planning for 5 vehicles
* Management of drivers and yard staff
* Booking out delivery tickets
* Booking in delivery tickets for received goods
* Assist with Loading/Unloading (as required)
* Knowledge of London and surrounding areas
* Understanding of FORS
* Experience within a Builders Merchant or Building Supplies environment
* Knowledge of loading vehicles
* Forklift licence (desirable but training can be provided)
* Highly organised
* Excellent communicator with both staff and customers
* Good problem solving skills
* Excellent customer service skills
* Personable and positive with a ‘can do’ attitude
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.