Our Client is a speciality supplier of raw materials and chemicals to the UK Manufacturing Industry. They are now seeking a Transport Manager. This position will be based in Lutterworth, Leicestershire and is a full-time permanent role.
Key Skills / Responsibilities
* Contribute to the delivery of targets, cash flow and budgets.
* Organise and control the effective supervision of all transport key activities within the site against the targets set
* Manage the companies legal requirements of monitoring taco graphs on behalf of the General Manager
* Regularly report on results, production of Masternaut reports and feedback to drivers and management. Agree and ensure remediable action where required
* Appraise train and develop staff both directly and through line managers.
* Ensure through the transport activities the site operates within company policy and legal requirements at all times
* Ensure that the site operates within the stated company quality assurance procedures
* Ensure the regular monitoring and delivery of customer service targets.
Qualifications and Experience
* HGV licence
* Appropriate Health and Safety qualification – IOSH, COSHH
* CPC Certificate
* Achieved or working towards supervisory management qualification with the Institute of Supervisory Management
* ADR Awareness
* Solid experience in a Transport role
* Excellent people management skills with the ability to lead, mentor and coach
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to build key relationships internally and externally
* Organised team player with an eye for attention to detail
In return, our Client is offering a competitive basic salary plus comprehensive benefits.
To apply for the above position, please send your C.V to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.