We are currently seeking an experienced Warehouse & Logistics Manager to join a family-run SME based in Linton, Kent. You will have the overall responsibility of all warehousing, distribution and logistics functions within the company. This includes the receipt, storage, and retrieval of stock, picking, packing and dispatch of customer orders and management of the warehouse personnel.
Key duties and responsibilities...
* Provide leadership by establishing clear expectations and demonstrating high standards of work practices and safety conscious behaviour
* Coordinate the warehouse personnel and ensure that all resources are utilised efficiently and effectively
* Implement best practice in all areas of the warehouse function and provide structured recommendations for Operations Director approval in line with company objective of continuous improvement
* Monitor stock levels and work with Operations Director to ensure orders are placed in good time.
* Manage packaging Kanban re-ordering system with suppliers
* Ensure goods are delivered on time and in full to meet customers expectations and requirements
* Propose and implement cost reduction plans in all aspects of warehouse transactions and activities
* Ensure compliance with all warehouse systems and procedures
* Plan out all warehouse resources and activities in relation to company objectives and set targets
* Support the Operations Director with recruitment, selection of warehouse operators.
* Represent the Company to suppliers, customers and others in a professional and courteous manner
* Negotiate terms with outside shipping or courier companies to the company’s best commercial advantage
* Ensure Health & Safety and housekeeping compliance in warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements in accordance with company policy and government legislation; advise management on required actions
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and qualifications...
* Minimum of 2 - 3 years progressive experience leading and managing a team for a warehousing and distribution operations in a major regional or national organisation
* It would be a great asset to have a degree or diploma from a recognized educational or training institution in operations, logistics and/or warehouse management
* Proven experience in implementing efficiency and effectiveness improvements in warehouse, inventory management and logistics areas. Practical experience in implementing lean methodology considered an asset
* Proven experience in a supervisory role
* Competent in the use of ERP/CRM systems and standard Microsoft Office software
* Valid driver’s license and ability to travel
* Valid Forklift Operators Certificate an asset
Monday - Friday 07:30 - 16:30 (Flexibilitiy required)
* Salary between £30,000 - £35,000 per annum DOE
* 20 days holiday + 8 days BH
* Free on-site parking facilities
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.