Compass are searching for an experienced Transport and Warehouse manager to manage a friendly and professional warehouse and transport team, and a fleet of six vehicles.
It is essential that you can demonstrate excellent people management skills and have the ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders. You will be passionate, and enthusiastic, and display the ability to develop a committed, motivated and engaged team. You will have a focus on doing the right thing for the customer, creating win-wins across the business and also displaying both energy and tenacity.
* To be responsible for the day to day operational management of the Warehouse and Transport department, providing strong leadership and direction to the staff team and working alongside production to ensure the efficient transition of products between production, warehouse and transport.
* To manage the department budgets, providing cost efficiency reports to the board and senior management team.
* To be responsible for the recording and reporting of the weekly internal and external OTIF, working with Department Managers to assist with improvements, that achieve customer satisfaction and delivery.
* Responsible for the restricted Operator licence, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, including company and driver compliance of all transport policies, legislation, and procedures, identifying, and addressing driver infringements.
* To maintain quality standards, work with the team to identify and action defective products before loading.
* To ensure our new and existing dealers are satisfied with the quality, timely delivery, and transportation of goods.
* To identify continuous improvement initiatives within the Warehouse and Transport departments.
* To oversee all health and safety checks, routine vehicle checks, plan vehicle maintenance, vehicle defect reporting system and manage third party providers where applicable.
* To ensure drivers are responsible for their vehicles being operated in a roadworthy condition and adhere to both company and statutory requirements and conduct audits on fleet maintenance.
* Previous experience of working in a Warehouse/Operational role with the knowledge and ability to manage the warehouse and transport function in a fast-moving manufacturing facility.
* Demonstrable knowledge and ability to implement new initiatives and effective processes to manage Warehouse and Transport functions.
* Good strong people management skills with proven work examples and the ability to motivate, coach and mentor the staff team, undertake regular reviews with individuals, deliver toolbox talks and team meetings and undertake quarterly performance reviews.
* Qualified preferably to NVQ level 4 in Supervisory management or a willingness to undertake an appropriate level qualification.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop excellent working relations with employees and customers with the ability to ensure processes are adhered to and results are delivered and measured in a timely and effective manner.
* A driven and determined individual with the ability to overcome and resolve issues that affect the ability to meet production and delivery schedules.
* Excellent operational management experience with proven examples of continuous improvement successes.
* The ability to manage and run a restricted operator’s license, with the Managers CPC qualification and good knowledge of the UK road network and the Road eye system.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders and the ability to develop good positive working relations with all stakeholders.
* Excellent organisational and planning skills with excellent numeracy and literacy skills with experience in analytical work would be an advantage with excellent IT skills.
* Focus on the delivery of quality service and delivering continuous improvements.
* The ability to demonstrate effective time management, a strong work ethic, ability to prioritise own tasks and manage own workload.
* A logical approach to work with excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to identify, manage and implement change.
* A highly motivated dynamic individual with a can-do approach to work, with drive, enthusiasm, and the ability to make a difference and achieve targets.
* The ability to ensure processes are adhered to and results are delivered and measured in a timely and effective manner and to challenge existing work practices, identify areas for improvement and implement new processes and plans.
Competitive salary and pension, with a supporting benefits package including a health cash plan.
Please contact me today and send me your CV
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.