Road safety charity, Brake, has honoured several major fleet operators, managers and suppliers for their efforts to reduce the number of company drivers involved in road collisions.
The Fleet Safety Forum Awards, which were held last week, rewarded companies across several categories, including those that had achieved significant reductions over the past 12 months of the number of crashes involving company drivers.
Companies that have introduced additional procedures to improve driver safety were also recognised, as were those that had introduced new technologies new improve the safety of their drivers and vehicles.
Businesses that are proactive in improving safety in their communities featured heavily, with those targeting the safety of their young drivers and those that had worked to improve the safety of their employees’ families given awards.
• Road risk manager of the year (large fleet) - Gabriel Kardos, Johnson and Johnson.
• Company driver safety award (small fleet) – Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service
• Company driver safety award (medium fleet) – Nestle
• Company driver safety award (large fleet) – BT
• Fleet safety analysis and action – Johnson and Johnson and Wolseley
• Safe vehicle award – Rentokil
• Road safety in the community – three winners: Fedex, Arriva and Balfour Beaty
• Fleet service provider of the year – Fleet Support
• Fleet safety product (vehicle safety) – Vision Techniques
• Fleet safety product (driver safety) – Brigade and Green Road
• Fleet safety product (fleet management) – Norwich Union
• Vehicle manufacturer – Volvo
• Kevin Storey award – Stephen Kidd, MD Kidd’s Distribution Ltd