Brake, the road safety charity, announced its 2010 award winners in front of almost 300 fleet decision makers and suppliers at its gala dinner at Chesford Grange in Warwickshire last night.
The winners in full:
• Safe Vehicles Award: Warburtons
• Fleet Safety Provider of the Year: Applied Driving techniques
• Fleet Safety Product: Michelin Tyre for its X One MaxiTrailer tyre
• Fleet Safety Analysis and Action: Fleet operator – Glasgow City Council; service provider – Interactive Driving Systems
• Eco Fleet: ETS Distribution
• Company Driver Safety Award: Small fleet – Johnsons Coaches; medium fleet – Ocado and Balfour Beatty Utility Solutions; large fleet – Vauxhall and Arriva
• Road Safety in the Community: Balfour Beatty Plant & Fleet Services
• Road Risk Manager of the Year: small fleet – John Rodell, KBR FTX Logistics; large fleet – AM Pall, City Sprint
• The FedEx/Brake Road Safety Academy Ambassador of the Year: Dave McLagan, Warburtons
• The Kevin Storey award for Outstanding Commitment to Road Safety: Doug Jenkins, QBE
Julie Townsend, deputy chief executive at Brake, said: “The Fleet Safety Forum Awards for Excellence 2010 was a great success with record breaking level of entries and attendance. We are thrilled to be able to publicly recognise and reward those organisations setting the standards for fleet safety and helping to drive down crash and casualty rates. We congratulate all of the winners on their well-deserved awards.”
Tracey Scarr, fleet and road safety manager at main sponsor Arval, said: “With one in every three crashes involving a vehicle being driven for work, we passionately believe that road safety should remain high on the business agenda. With this in mind, Arval is proud to sponsor the Brake Fleet Safety Forum Awards for the third consecutive year and we would like to congratulate all of this year’s winners for their exceptional efforts. Companies and drivers that actively take steps to mitigate their own road risk and that of others help to make our roads a safer place to be. ”
Many of the awards entries received will be used as best practice case studies in information and advice produced by Brake's Fleet Safety Forum over the coming year.