The European Transport Safety Council (ETSC) has launched a final call for entries in its third annual work related road safety awards, and Interactive Driving Systems (IDS) is encouraging its clients, friends and partners to enter.
The awards are an important element of the Preventing Road Accidents and Injuries for the Safety of Employees (PRAISE) project – in which IDS has assisted and participated – and are open to organisations of all sizes and types.
Antonio Avenoso, ETSC executive director, said: “I hope this award will motivate employers to take on the challenge and reap the benefits of managing road safety as an integral part of their working practice.
“Introducing road safety measures makes good business sense, particularly in a tough economic climate when employers should want to cut the costs of collisions in their vehicle fleets.”
Criteria for selecting the PRAISE Award winners, which should be demonstrated in your application form are:
• Evidence that a ‘process’ has taken place including risk assessments, formal structures, policies, etc.
• Innovative approach to work related road safety focusing on concrete actions and initiatives.
• Target setting: Showing safety performance targets and how they are monitored?
• Evidence for the business case including return on investment and economic effect.
• Indicators are set up to collect and monitor data on all collisions, material damage and casualties.
• Evidence of Safety impact: including crash rates, casualty reductions, etc.
• Approach to management and staff involvement including role of CEO and responsibility for initiatives.