Yodel appoints new chief executive

Yodel has announced the appointment of Neil Lloyd as chief executive.

Lloyd joins Yodel from ISS where he was chief operating officer of the UK division, leading a team of 20,000 employees, with responsibility for managing relationships with clients including RBS, Morgan Stanley, PwC, Heinz and Tubelines.

A chartered accountant by training, Lloyd was previously chief executive at Netstore plc and NHS Professionals Ltd and has also held senior roles at Harvey Nichols and Ottakars Bookstores. He has extensive experience of change management and a background in customer service and employee engagement. He will report directly to executive chairman Dick Stead.

Yodel has a peak workforce of 16,000 and handles 150 million parcels per year on behalf of the majority of the UK’s top retailers. Formed in 2010, following the acquisition of DHL Domestic by Home Delivery Network, the company completed a major restructure to combine the two networks last summer.

Stead said: “I am delighted to welcome Neil to Yodel. His presence will strengthen our senior team as we look to build on the successes of Christmas and further develop our services in 2013. I am confident that Neil’s particular experience in customer service and change management will enable us to firmly establish Yodel as the pre-eminent delivery service in the UK.”

Lloyd said: “I am very pleased to be joining Yodel at this exciting period in its development. I am keen to ensure that Yodel develops a reputation for first class customer service through cultural change and innovation.”

Comments

• Manny - 15/03/2013 18:11

What a joke - another high paid CE while demoralized Yodel workers have had no pay rise for 4 years ( a pay cut of 10%).This company is sinking....

• brenda - 18/10/2014 06:42

@Manny - iss what a joke

• Michele - 16/03/2013 09:19

A company that deliivers parcels should have direct contact with drivers. They could be driving round the country for all you know. The expectation that customers should stay home all day waiting for a parcel is ridiculous. Surely someone knows where their staff are all day? Your phoneline is ot helpful and chat facility - what is it for? If all people want to know when parcel will be delivered it would be sensible to have a system that will tell you that! Big money people don't always have big money ideas or results!

• steve - 24/03/2013 07:40

@Michele - would you order a taxi and not bother wait gor it to arive no you wouldnt so why order something and not bother to wait in.....you no you have orderd it you no its coming so why not do the decent thing and wait for it its just rude....the driver has to put his own petrol in......but no he will come again tomorrow or the next day....unbelivable you people are....just tell them when it is convenient clown

• Michele - 24/03/2013 09:51

@steve - that sounds so simple, you try phoning them to arrange a time and let me know if you get to talk to a person let me know how you did it and I will. I don't know any professional company that expects their customers to stay stay in from 9 am to 9 pm. I am not being rude, maybe my expectations about customer service are too high. All I wanted was a person to answer the phone and advise of when parcel would be delivered. I got someone on chat, who said wait in for 12 hours, I did and they didn't arrive. How is that rude? I expect when a company tells me something that is the truth.

• geoff - 09/08/2013 17:44

@Michele -
      i completely agree with Michele. My first experience of Yodel this week has been absolutely shocking. Waited in for 2 days, no calling card, no phone call, nothing!!
      Tracker update were poor and when trying to call customer services, the hold time was terrible. Even offered to come and collect the package from the depot and they couldnt even do that!

Dont use this company if you want your delivery!