CitySprint has announced the launch of its new app, ‘MyCourier’, which enables credit card users and account customers to manage their same day deliveries in real time.
‘MyCourier’, which is available for iPhone and shortly on Android and Blackberry, allows both account and non-account holders access to all of CitySprint’s services including quotes, booking and live GPS tracking of deliveries, all from a smartphone or tablet.
Combined with the simultaneous launch of CitySprint’s new secure online credit card platform, QuikQuote, customers are now able to access CitySprint’s range of same day services without the need to open an account.
Commenting on the launch, CitySprint ceo, Patrick Gallagher said: “According to
Ofcom, 58% of the UK population own a smartphone and 19% of residents own a tablet. Using these devices, at work and in our leisure time, is the new norm and we want to make it even easier for people to use our services, whether they have an account with us or not.”
The app has the following key functions:
- Get an instant quote for a CitySprint bike, small van and large van services and choose the most appropriate for a same day delivery
- Book a CitySprint SameDay Courier using an existing CitySprint account or a credit card
- Securely save a credit card
- Track the courier’s real-time location on a map (updated every minute)
- Cancel and amend bookings
- View the status of all bookings, however they were made
- View the proof of delivery signature and audit trail of the delivery
- Add favourite addresses (or synchronise an address book from an online account)
- Set a default collection point
Gallagher added: “Technology is at the heart of our strategy to provide our customers with the fastest, most efficient and reliable same day service in the country, MyCourier is just the next step on this journey.”
MyCourier is currently available for download from The App Store