A new website has been launched to give fleet professionals tools and advice to support them to address road risk with at-work drivers and promote road safety.
Brake, the road safety charity, has created Brake Professional to give easy access to events, research, tools and campaigns to help fleet managers and others to implement successful road safety initiatives.
The website, www.brakepro.org, replaces Brake's former Fleet Safety Forum website, as well as the Road Safety Forum website, combining all resources both fleet and road safety practitioners need into one place. Current subscribers will continue to receive their current benefits, but through the new site.
Brake Professional incorporates the Fleet Safety Forum, which aims to help managers of at-work drivers to effectively address road risk in their organisation. It provides access to Forum events and resources.
Resources subscribers can access through the site include:
- Guidance reports on specific topics relating to fleets, and wider road safety topics, containing research and best practice advice
- Advice sheets to give to drivers providing key road safety advice
- Posters on a range of topics to display in workplaces or add to intranet/staff bulletins
- Pledge toolkit consisting of resources to help managers deliver the key messages of the Pledge to at-work drivers
- Survey reports on Brake's surveys with fleet operators on road risk management practices, and with drivers on their attitudes and behaviour towards road safety
- Research library providing access to road safety research from around the world
The site also provides information on events for professionals and other ways to work in partnership with Brake, for example by fundraising for the charity and taking part in Road Safety Week.
To celebrate the launch, Brake is offering a special discounted rate for subscribing. For just £50 + VAT, the first 50 people who email email@example.com quoting discount code ‘bp-sub' will receive a 12 month subscription giving them access to all these tools. The standard rate for an annual subscription to Brake is £155 + VAT.