Chevin Fleet Solutions has launched a brand-new global consultancy service with a focus on big data to create a “stronger roadmap to success”.
The service is to be headed-up by Chevin’s newest team member, Bill Griffiths.
Griffiths will build on his role as vice president of global consulting and client services, by identifying both strengths and weaknesses in existing internal programs.
The new service offers both new and existing clients a comprehensive evaluation of fleet performance and associated management processes, helping managers to fully understand existing procedures; maximise the use of data; streamline work-flow and, ultimately, create a stronger road map for success.
The service will help companies to address:
- Workflow processes that improve administrative time
- Project management and inspection compliance, lowering costs for vehicle downtime
- Vendor reconciliation for fuel, parts and other services
- Technician labour and shop workload allocation
- Better use of telematics data for operations management
- More effective vehicle and equipment replacement planning
- Lower total cost of ownership
Chevin has recognised that the amount of ‘big data’ available to fleets can be overwhelming, and will coach clients to focus on specific data sets to deliver the results they need.
Griffiths said: “One of the most critical skills needed by a fleet manager goes beyond technical knowledge, mechanical aptitude and the ability to run a shop – individuals must be data-fluent, strategically focused and expert communicators.
“Good data can change the conversation, help to inspire progress and galvanise change.”