eMotorWerks has partnered with EO Charging to launch a smart home charger in the UK and Europe.
The product will integrate eMotorWerks’s JuiceNet, a cloud-based aggregating and managing charging station demands, into the new EO Mini Pro EV charger.
Charlie Jardine, founder and CEO at EO Charging, said: “While we have seen success in the home charging market with the standard EO Mini, we’ve not had a true ‘smart-home offering’.
“Our partnership with eMotorWerks allows us to launch a cost-effective smart charger for the domestic EV driver that can integrate with solar, onsite storage and offer a plethora of energy management benefits.”
JuiceNet enables the electric load from multiple charging stations to be aggregated and subsequently managed to respond to surges in demand on the grid and to bid that load into energy markets.
This will allow customers to control charging via a smartphone or online dashboard as well as:
- Schedule charging times – helping EV drivers benefit from cheaper electricity
- Send alerts and reminders to optimise charging
- Allow EV drivers to utilise more green energy from the grid
- View historical charging data via the dashboard – ideal for fleet managers wanting to reimburse employees for charging at home
- Lower driving costs by enabling EV drivers to earn or save money when their energy provider offers dynamic tariffs or demand response type programmes for charging (or not charging) at certain times.