Brake has revealed the list of speakers for its UK Fleet Safety Conference 2019, covering “topical issues”.
The conference takes place at the Birmingham Conference and Events Centre (BCEC) on May 22, with tickets prices at £95 + VAT.
The theme for the conference this year is ‘Simply the best – prioritising fleet safety’. Presentations during the morning will cover topical issues including effective leadership, prioritising people and recruiting the best drivers.
In the afternoon, delegates will have the opportunity to choose from a number of breakout sessions delivered by industry experts and academics focusing on risk management, drivers and vehicles.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Andy Price, director at Fleet Safety Management
- Jenny Yaxley, senior HSE advisor at Jacobs
- Adam Hindson, director of compliance at Acumen Waste Disposal
- Dr Lisa Dorn, associate professor of Driver Behaviour at Cranfield University
- Malcolm Maycock, director at Licence Bureau
- Lisa Scott, trainer at Road Safety Prospects
- Glen Davies, transport and logistics specialist at FORS
- Andrew Drewary, road safety consultant
- Rebecca Posner, psychologist at TRL
- Jim Gregory, senior technical specialist at DEFRA
The conference will also involve audience participation in a trial by audience led by Mike Hayward, partner and head of crime, regulatory & transport at Woodfines Solicitors.
Alongside the programme, exhibitors from a wide range of service areas will be available for delegates to meet and ask questions to throughout the day.
Brake’s senior fleet officer Sarah Plumb said: “We are extremely excited to announce the line up of speakers for this year’s conference.
The conference provides the perfect opportunity for attendees to not only network but learn and share best practice with their peers and industry specialists.”
This year’s conference is being run as part of the Global Fleet Champions campaign, a not-for-profit global campaign to prevent crashes and reduce pollution caused by vehicles used for work purposes.