The Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership (LowCVP) has announced the shortlist of nominees for the 2016 Low Carbon Champions Awards.
The Champions Awards, which are in their sixth year, celebrate innovation and best practice in the UK’s accelerating drive to cut carbon emissions from the road transport sector.
The event is held in collaboration with Cenex, and will take place at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Milton Keynes, on Wednesday, September 14 – the first of two days of Cenex’s Low Carbon Vehicle (LCV) 2016 event.
The ‘Grand Prix’ sponsor of the 2016 Low Carbon Champions Awards is, once again, Millbrook, host of the LCV2016 event.
LowCVP managing director Andy Eastlake said: “It’s been another year of significant progress in decarbonising UK road transport from the point of view of both technology and uptake.
“In many areas transport technology has been developing at an extraordinary pace, and vehicle users are having to work hard just to keep up. The LowCVP is at the centre of this exciting industry and we look forward to celebrating the UK’s continued leadership in this vital area.
“I commend all those organisations that have made this year’s Champions Awards shortlist and look forward to a great night on 14 September, when we’ll announce the winners.”
Awards categories and shortlist:
1. Low Carbon Car / Van Manufacturer of the Year (Sponsor: Michelin)
Shortlisted: BMW, Iveco, Mitsubishi Motors, Nissan, Tesla, Toyota GB
2. Low Carbon Heavy Duty Vehicle Manufacturer of the Year (Sponsor: Freight in the City)
Shortlisted: Alexander Dennis, BYD Europe, Scania Great Britain
3. Low Carbon Vehicle Operator of the Year (Sponsor: BAE Systems HybriDrive)
Shortlisted: Alphabet, Bibby Distribution, First Bus, John Lewis Partnership
4. Low Carbon Fuel Initiative of the Year
Shortlisted: Argent Energy, CNG Fuels and National Grid Gas Distribution, ITM Power
5. 2016 Award for Low Carbon Innovation by an SME (Sponsor: Advanced Propulsion Centre UK)
Shortlisted: Microcab, Riversimple, Tevva Motors
6. Low Carbon Road Transport Initiative of the Year
Shortlisted: Addison Lee, Gnewt Cargo Ltd, H2 Aberdeen, Reading Buses
7. 2016 Outstanding Low Carbon Publication or Report
Shortlisted: Cambridge Econometrics, EA Technology, Element Energy, Element Energy & the International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT)
Special awards categories: (No shortlist; winners announced on the night)
8. Outstanding Individual in Promoting Low Carbon Transport
9. ‘Grand Prix’: Outstanding Achievement in Low Carbon Transport (Sponsor: Millbrook)