Protea Recruitment is looking for an experienced Customer Services and Logistics Manager to relocate to the west coast of Scotland and join their client's enthusiastic team at their fast-growing manufacturing premises.
Responsibilities, Duties, and Requirements:
* Responsible for ensuring the right products are delivered to the right location on time, to the quality required, and in the most cost-effective way
* Define and evolve future global logistics strategy
* Identify and implement opportunities for logistics service and cost optimization.
* Nurture relations with existing logistics providers.
* Building and maintaining long-term relationships with customers.
* Promoting a culture of long-term savings on transport costs.
* Involvement in the IT system that tracks inventory & the supply of goods.
* Monitor Customer Service/Logistics performance
* Manage & motivate the Customer services and dispatch team members.
* Assess the total cost of company logistics services
* Obtain forecasts from customers where possible.
* Give presentations
* Attend meetings with customers’ sales/logistics teams
Skills and Knowledge:
* History of supply chain management, logistics, or business administration
* Proven relevant management experience.
* Experience using supply chain management software & tools
* Experience in collecting and analysing data.
* In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts & negotiation terms
* Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Management & leadership skills
* Highly organized & detail orientated.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Proven experience in a Customer Services/Logistics management role, preferably within the food industry
* Time management skills and the ability to deliver to deadlines.
* The ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as to think strategically and laterally.
* The ability to cope with the pressure of demanding targets & deadlines
* Tact & diplomacy.
* Experience in Customer Services/Logistics management preferred
* Experience in Excel preferred
* Honest, hardworking, and flexible – with a positive mindset
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.