£40,000 & Car Allowance (Plus Bonus)
I’m recruiting for a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful Waste Management company.
The role ensures effective management of fleet compliance to ensure that all areas of the O licence are fully complied with and ensures cost efficient fleet maintenance through direct liaison with service providers, suppliers, internal fitter activities and container workshops.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience from a Waste Management background and have technical experience within vehicle maintenance.
Details of the activities the team member will execute, monitor, report on, and manage
* Ensure full compliance to the company O licence through the following (not exhaustive):
* On time servicing
* Effective defect reporting
* MOT pass rate maintained
* R&M agreements reviewed and complied with
* Management of service providers – ensure relationships are robust
* Performance of internal fitter
* Manage tyre contract and supplier performance
* Vehicle gate checks
* Fleet audits
Duties and Responsibilities
* Develop Fleet strategy including technology & innovation, fleet purchase decisions, fleet structure.
* Manage all aspects of the container repair and container painting workshop activities, ensuring an adequate container availability to the required standard.
* Manage fuel purchases and usage.
* Ensure all compactor servicing is up to date and manage 3rd party supplier repairs ensuring costs are accurate and passed through to customers as required.
* Monitor fleet staff performance and suggests corrective action where appropriate.
* Maintain adherence to the relevant legislative requirements and Company procedures and standards (including Health and Safety, personnel, finance and Transport)
* Support with accident/incident investigations through technical knowledge.
* Detailed cost management of all areas of fleet.
* Assist in the production of annual budgets in accordance with corporate strategy.
* Perform administrative duties as necessary.
* Maintain, manage and demonstrate improvement in Fleet Monthly KPI’s - suitable actions taken where issues identified.
* Ensure vehicle availability on a daily basis meets with transport requirements.
* Contribute toward ongoing cost control, actively seeking to improve efficiency and reduce fleet related costs.
* In conjunction with the health and safety department, ensures that mandatory training, induction and toolbox talks are delivered in line with company policy
* Lead, motivate and develop direct reports, identifying training needs to maintain a flexible and multi-skilled workforce
* Carry out annual appraisals
* Carry out, out of hours observations
* Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Haulage
* Membership of the chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, EngTech qualification,
* LGV licence
* Membership of The Institute of Road Transport Engineers and/or Society of Operational Engineers
* Engineering Qualifications (City & Guilds parts 1-3).
* Manufactures training on waste management equipment/bodies
* IOSH Managing Safely or similar qualification
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to communicate at all levels of the business
* Planning and organisational skills & ability to prioritise
* Leadership skills
* Problem solving skills
* Change management
* Commercial acumen
* Experience of managing in a labour intensive, multi-shift environment
If you would like to find out more about this individual, please can you apply via the link.
At Aspion, our core values have been built around the importance of transparency, innovation, passion and collaboration. As such, we are committed to open communication and the protection of your privacy. We have updated our policies in line with new General Data Protection Regulation laws to make it easier for you to understand how we collect, store and handle your data – These can be viewed on our website
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.