Our public sector client is looking to recruit a Home to School Transport Head of Service / Transport Manager on a long term contract for up to 24 months to provide leadership.
The role will be part time working 3 days per week and you will be responsible for the following:
* Ensure the safety of children on a transport service that is recognised to be currently under-resourced and to ensure the build-up of a team that can carry out the required compliance checks that have suffered from insufficient capacity in recent years.
* Work with the community to rebuild trust and confidence in families using transport, keeping the needs and interests of the children to the fore.
* Implement service improvements
* Budget Management and bringing spends under control
* Take responsibility for the full range of duties at Head of Service level, including working directly and effectively with Members of all parties, deal with press interest and re-build trust and confidence in the community through strong partnership working. Expectation to attend meetings at different venues when required
* Work with corporate teams Procurement, Legal, Health and Safety and Finance and to ensure compliance with the Dynamic Purchasing System and contracts.
* Manage a range of 3rd party suppliers and various transport providers
The ideal candidate will have past experience at a similar level with experience across Home to School Transport Services with awareness of SEN and safeguarding. You will also have strong technical leadership and management as well as excellent stakeholder engagement, service management and budget management skills.
If this role is of interest please apply today for immediate consideration.
The day rate on offer is £320-£350per day on a umbrella basis however we are happy to discuss day rates with candidates.
Please also note this role is home based at present under the current restrictions
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.