Working with a dynamic company who are currently looking for a Logistics Manager to join their small but growing team.
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Working hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.30pm
About the role:
* Ensuring all orders meet manufacturing site demands (e.g., minimum order quantities, lead times etc.)
* Ensuring distributors have necessary paperwork in place before accepting orders (e.g., letter of credit, bank guarantee etc.)
* Ensuring distributors have provided 18-month forecasts and orders by the monthly deadline, collating the orders & forecasts and sending to the manufacturing site.
* Working with the manufacturing site and the regulatory department to ensure LDC is able to accept orders from each distributor and understanding the associated lead times for each order
* Setting up systems for sending orders & forecasts to the manufacturing site
* Liaising with the manufacturing site to ensure that orders are confirmed by the end of the month
* Sending sales orders to distributors to confirm orders and expected delivery date
* Liaising with third party logistics companies to ascertain cost effective delivery methods, negotiating favourable commercial terms.
* Issuing purchase orders to the logistics company and arranging delivery dates/times
* Notifying distributors when the product is ready for collection/providing updated expected delivery date when the product has been collected by the logistics company for shipment
* Tracking delivery from manufacturing site to warehouse to distributor, keeping in contact with the logistics company and the distributor to update in case of any changes/delays etc., ensuring that all orders are manufactured in timeframes to meet customer delivery requirements.
* Ensuring all necessary paperwork (e.g., certificate of analysis, certificate of conformance etc.) has been collated to ensure timely delivery of orders to the distributor.
* Issuing pro forma invoices and invoices to distributors and ensuring payment is effected within the agreed timelines.
* Ensuring supply partners understand, accept and satisfy the requirements of GDP as defined by the RP.
* Ensuring distributors have Wholesale Distribution Authorisations (WDA) or equivalent certifications in place prior to acceptance of customer orders.
* Collation of all necessary due diligence documents from distributors.
* Holding regular meetings and/or teleconferences with the manufacturing site and logistics company
* Ongoing review and negotiation of commercial terms in place with the logistics company
* Receiving invoices from the logistics company and ensuring they are paid within the agreed timeline
* Dealing with any associated matters that arise- e.g., invoice or delivery queries etc.
* Managing the entire order and sales process via Xero management software
* Authoring and maintaining company standard operating procedures relevant to supply chain management, batch traceability and return/recall procedures, and working alongside the business administrator to ensure documentation updates are communicated to all stakeholders.
* Logistics management experience, preferably within pharmaceuticals, managing end-to-end supply chain.
* Self-motivated with the ability to work well autonomously and in a team
* Willing to learn and a pro-active and positive attitude towards work
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to maintain good working relationships internally & externally
* Well-presented and professional manner
* Well organised with the ability to prioritise work
* Meticulous with great attention to detail
To discuss this role in more detail contact Steven Jeffers (phone number removed) or
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.