Logistics Manager - Sweden
As Logistics Manager you will be responsible for a number of construction projects across this leading M&E contractors Projects. The Logistics Manager will define and coordinate all available storage areas on site, both within the building and outside of the building up to the hoarding line. Storage space is to be allocated according to the project priorities as advised and agreed with the Contractor. The booking and delivery of materials must at all times be subject to the storage space available and will be a primary function of the Site Logistics Manager. As the Site Logistics Manager, you will be primarily responsible for the coordination and implementation of the web-based booking system to ensure that material deliveries are dealt with and handled as efficiently as possible within the physical constraints of the site and access areas.
Logistics Manager Responsibilities:
Define and coordinate all available storage areas on site.
Allocate Storage Space according to the project priorities.
Booking and Coordination of delivery of materials.
Liaise with the Sub Contractors and Security Personnel to ensure effective deliveries.
Coordinate with Sub Contractors to ensure awareness of holding area locations and develop an appropriate call off system to ensure optimum delivery times to site.
Maintain awareness of spare capacity of the plant on site and coordinate deliveries to maximise the use of all vertical transportation plant.
Assist the Project Manager in the running of the weekly delivery coordination meeting.
You will be tasked with devising an appropriate call off system to ensure optimum delivery times while working closely with the Subcontractor
Necessary Requirements of the Logistics Manager
• 3rd level qualification in an engineering or construction related field is desirable however strong trades background coupled with 3+ years’ experience in a similar role will be considered.
• ideally, you will possess 5+ years’ experience in a similar role, or some site experience
• Be the Site Logistics Manager is to be first aid trained.
• Strong, proven leadership skills and experience of managing substantial, interdisciplinary teams.
• Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities, construction technologies and job site management.
• Experience with managing and influencing large teams, including craft in the field.
• In depth practical knowledge and experience with scope definition, resource loaded schedules, progress and performance curves, earned value and metrics.
• Proven track record of delivering substantial construction programmes
• Technical familiarity throughout the delivery project life cycle.
TRS Staffing does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and complies with all relevant UK legislation. Please note! You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any job. TRS Staffing acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.