Quest Employment are currently recruiting for a Logistics Manager for one of our global leading clients based in Bardon. This is an opportunity for an individual with a strong work ethic, looking for an amazing opportunity with an extremely impressive forward-thinking business. We are looking for somebody with experience from the shop floor through to management with a strategic head and who is not afraid to express new ideas and new procedures.
As Logistics Manager you will be responsible for the management of deliveries, and the dispatch of goods from the distribution warehouse. You will be responsible for the planning of loads to be cost effective, dispatched in a good and timely manner, whilst considering all aspects of the customer requirements.
You will be responsible for overseeing the administrative areas of the office including; procurement, invoice processing, health and safety, ISO 9(Apply online only)1 and record filing. You will ensure that you and the staff communicate effectively with the customer service team to ensure all problems have solutions and the customer is happy. You will be a key member of the wider management team.
- Management of daily delivery run planning, using both SAP an AS400 systems
- Management of booking in deliveries as required per customer requirements
- Control of the goods in/out areas
- Staff management – such as extra staff, holiday and sickness cover
- Completion of internal administration, to gain approval for internal purchases – following company procurement guidelines
- Controlling stock through AS400 WMS and admin for external storage facilities
- Involvement in managing tender projects
- Be accountable for various Health and Safety procedures on site
- Self-motivated and driven
- Excellent communication skills to work as part of a large team
- Excellent organisation skills
- Manage workload in a busy, multitask based environment
- Look to implement own ideas and processes
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in warehouse management (BOTH office based, and floor based)
- Experience of managing teams and individuals
- Excellent verbal skills, IT skills and a team player
- Excel skills essential
- Able to follow company procedures
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.