Job Title: Logistics Manager
Salary: £40,000- £45,000pa
An exciting and key position has become available at a large supplier to the major UK retailers. Our client is looking for an experienced and dynamic supply chain professional to join their business. This business has a global supply chain and running efficiently is where the business differentiates itself as a point of difference to customers.
This will be a hands-on role and will suit a candidate who enjoys challenges and motivating a team through strong leadership. You will have responsibility for the inbound and outbound teams, while liaising closely with the wider planning and supply chain department to make sure all aspects of the supply chain are efficient and maintaining high standards. They are constantly looking for ways to improve and welcome and require someone who will drive improvements and be a solutions architect.
● Responsible for the Management of the Logistics function
● Ensures that OTIF levels meet the needs of the business.
● Responsible for Managing Packaging and Raw Material components calls-offs, making sure that stock is ordered in line with SAP requirements.
● Manage stock levels using SAP/MRP, work with suppliers & key stakeholders to make sure we optimise stock positions.
● Manage organising logistics in line with customer scheduling, liaising with the production team and feeding back information to customers.
● Always willing to be flexible and to adapt to the needs of the Supply Chain team and the Company's needs.
● Maintain accurate stocks on SAP and 3PL's
Entry Qualifications, Experience and skills:
● Excellent people-management skills with experience of managing and developing a team
● 10 years' experience working for a busy FMCG, with experience of ordering materials, organising transportation and planning
● Degree qualification or similar such as CIPS would be advantageous
● Continuous improvement training
● Excellent communication, organisational and planning skills
● Good written and oral communication skills
● Excellent knowledge and understanding of ERP & MRP systems in particular SAP
● Excellent PC skills, MS Office are essential in particular excel.
● Good attention to detail
In return our client is offering an attractive salary, the room to make this role your own and challenges to keep you engaged and motivated.
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our horticulture, fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.