You will like
Working for this global pharmaceutical firm, providing medicine and essential medical products, to people worldwide before, during & after Covid-19. They prioritise emerging markets, partnering with innovative companies to deliver their products to the regions they cannot reach and are renowned for quality in time-critical, temperature-controlled supply chain and logistics and GDP compliance.
You will like
The Logistics Manager job itself where you will deliver, “Time Critical, Temperature Controlled/Cold Chain, Packaging, Processing and Order Fulfilment and Logistics in a highly regulated/ GDP Compliant environment”. More specifically:
• Day to day responsibility for logistics planning, including the overall management and coordination of global logistics, 3PLP management.
• Accountable for the compliant, efficient and effective running of the warehouse/distribution operation.
• Instigation of continual improvement methods to ensure the effectiveness and efficiencies of the warehouse/distribution operation and systems.
• Close liaison with the Supply Chain Process Manager, RP/ QA Manager, Finance and Commercial teams.
• Overseeing, planning and controlling all areas of warehouse and distribution operations in respect of the receiving, processing and despatch of all goods.
• Planning warehousing and logistics development to deliver the business plan/budget, ensuring the achievement of KPIs, financial targets, errors and performance measures.
• Responsibility for ensuring inbound and outbound freight is compliant with regulations, delivered in an efficient and timely basis for customers across all regions.
• Responsible for ensuring efficient and cost-effective import and export operations; controlling all expenditure through ongoing planning, evaluation and execution of operational processes, including labour costs and transport carrier costs.
• To manage and direct departmental workload, ensuring high performance and compliance in accordance with GDP and Health and Safety guidelines.
• Train and develop all staff to promote a multi-skilled environment with improved flexibility. Responsible for increasing confidence, capability and accountability.
• Ensure the warehouse management system (WMS) is fit for purpose and make recommendations for improvement, as required.
• Work closely with QA department in the preparation and smooth conduct of internal and external audits.
• Attend relevant internal meetings and work collaboratively with regional warehousing teams and all other departments to ensure the most effective process for the delivery of product to the customer and support the commercial team by proactively providing viable operational solutions.
• Maintaining a high-level of industry, competitor and product knowledge and actively researching information and participating in relevant activities.
• Complete all training for relevant SOPs and WIs, and ensure they are adhered to in your role and by the team.
• Any other tasks as directed by management.
You will have
To be successful as the Logistics Manager you will have attributes in keeping with company ethos – professional, hands-on and results-driven. You will be motivated to achieve success, but also work collaboratively with their colleagues to achieve the company goals. The potential candidate will have worked in a similar level role, ideally in a fast-paced, international and highly regulated environment.
Candidates must have experience of pharmaceutical distribution logistics operations to GDP standards, or relevant food supply chain experience, as a minimum.
We’re seeking a highly capable and talented Logistics Manager with real integrity, drive and flexibility who will want to be involved in developing business growth and continuous improvement. You will be passionate about seeking cost-effective solutions and planning the details of delivering speedy and safe shipments of medicinal products to our customers.
Your Qualifications & Experience
• Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Distribution, Life Sciences, or other related discipline, and the equivalent knowledge.
• You must have at least 5 years working experience in logistics, warehouse or distribution centre environment as a Manager. Substantial and relevant experience from a logistics and warehouse operational role covering inbound inventory management/goods receipt, picking, packing, packaging, outbound dispatch and returns.
• Solid understanding of and experience in pharmaceutical or pharma distributor or third-party contract logistics specialising in pharmaceutical or food supply chains.
• You will also possess warehouse management system experience.
• Experience of quality standards within a pharmaceutical environment and up to date GDP standards and health and safety knowledge is essential.
• Proficient computer skills (MS Office, SAPB1, WMS).
• Demonstrated experience in developing and automating WMS or other ERP solutions assisting warehouse and logistics management
• A highly proactive, super-organised leader coupled with the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, operating accurately and effectively with a sense of urgency.
• Customer and detail-oriented whilst being self-motivated, flexible, independent, enthusiastic and extremely driven to achieve targets.
• A radical thinker that is prepared to embrace new technologies and work practices to deliver competitive advantages.
• Must possess first-rate communication skills with a solid command of English (verbal and written), also, ideally fluent in Spanish.
• Ability to multitask whilst having good judgement and decision-making skills.
• Sets and demands high standards of themselves – paying strict attention to detail.
• Highly numerate with the ability to perform and deliver against financial targets.
• Must be a team player – adopts a ‘best for business’ attitude and the ability to follow processes and remain compliant.
• Able to prioritise and manage own workload.
You will get
As Quality Assurance Manager / QA Manager / Responsible Person, you will enjoy a highly competitive salary to £60K + Bonus + Package
You can apply
To Quality Assurance Manager / QA Manager / Responsible Person by pushing the button on this job posting (recommended), or by sending CV in confidence to (url removed)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.