Do you have five years’ experience in warehouse and logistics Management?
We have an exciting opportunity to work for a global company that distributes to over 40 countries.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Logistics Manager is responsible for development and delivering the full warehousing and logistical strategy in line with company plans. They will coordinate and manage the warehouse operation at all levels to ensure both the efficient receiving and dispatching of goods.
* Supervise the Warehouse Manager to ensure warehouse space is maximised in an efficient manner
* Assist in managing the warehouse staff to ensure they are working effectively
* Assist in formulating, implementing, and delivering the warehouse strategy
* Constantly seek to improve warehouse performance and efficiency
* Maintain a programme of continuous improvement
* In conjunction with the Warehouse Manager, maintain and improve standards within the warehouses
* Project manage and deliver change initiatives as required
* Total responsibility for all incoming and outgoing goods
* Organise all international shipments ensuring that all regulatory paperwork is completed in line with each customers requirements
* Introduce KPI’s to monitor daily and weekly efficiency
* Ensure all finished goods are shipped within the agreed time limits every day, every week, every month
* Work closely with the Customer Services Team to ensure customers are kept aware of their Order status
* Ensure all employees under your direct control receive a formal annual appraisal
* Coach, mentor and develop all direct reports
* Where appropriate introduce personal development plans for key employees
* Develop positive employee relations through fostering team working, communication and Employee engagement
* Ensure all warehouse areas are kept clean and tidy at all times
* A minimum of 5 years’ experience within a warehouse or logistics management role
* The ability to lead in adversity
* Good interpersonal skills
* Batch and process manufacturing experience
* Experience of warehousing systems such as SAP or Oracle
* Good IT skills and an in-depth knowledge of current manufacturing systems
The Tangerine Group is a privately held company based in Lytham. Within the group are seventeen limited companies, each operating as stand-alone entities. We specialise in the manufacture and sales of animal health and nutrition products for farm and companion animals, including veterinary and equine products.
We’re passionate about being the best and you should be too!
Apply online for immediate consideration
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.