Logistics Manager- Manufacturing
Working for a hi-tech engineering organisation at their design and manufacturing facility, you will take ownership of all logistics and stores matters managing a small team of 3. Although you do not need to be a technical expert in their niche area of technology you will need a strong understanding of logistics and distribution within a manufacturing environment.
You will need to have a proactive approach to management and will be looking for ways to improve and streamline the logistics process implementing any improvements which will have a long-term benefit on the efficiency of the business.
The site does all design and manufacturing on-site, working in close collaboration with another facility they have in the UK on the build of the products with a view to then export them on a global scale. They already have an export/compliance team so this role will really focus on distribution shipping and overall logistics and operations management.
Some of the day to day responsibilities will include:
- Supervising and coaching the team and putting in place cost, productivity and timeline targets for logistics and stores.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services.
- Arrange warehouse and process shipments.
- Ensuring compliance with all laws, regulations, H&S and ISO requirements.
- Ensure that shipping within the business is managed within one system.
- Developing effective relationships across all areas of the business.
For this role we are looking for a proven logistics management background with experience of working in a hi-tech manufacturing environment. You will need to lead from the front and have a drive for improvement with practical examples of how you have transformed /improved a logistics department
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.