Rthirteen recruitment is currently working in partnership with a well-known Norfolk manufacturing business in their recruit for a Planning & Logistics Manager. The focus of this role will be the administration and planning of deliveries across multiple sites to ensure an efficient journey and overall customer satisfaction. You will liaise with various departments to ensure the process from order to fulfilment is as smooth and seamless as possible.
This is a great opportunity for someone with previous logistics and transport experience, preferably within the food production sector, to join a leading business in a key role where you will be able to grow and further develop your career. This is a great company with established goals for the future and a real commitment to their employees.
Duties to include:
* Administration and planning of deliveries across multiple sites.
* Working closely with transport and warehouse departments to organise all customer routes.
* Planning and maintaining schedules with regard to export orders, collections, back haul, raw materials, transfers etc..
* Daily planning of all good in/out.
* Acting a the main contact point of control and liaising with other departments including sales, customer service and warehouse to ensure correct distribution.
* Ensuring most effective delivery routes are used.
* Planning and scheduling of all large haulage sales orders.
* Cost control for all operations activities, ensuring efficiency.
* Maintaining accurate documentation.
You will have/be:
* Proven previous logistics operations experience within a multi-site heavy transport business.
* Strong transport knowledge including route planning, driver hour rules and relevant transport legislation.
* Experience and knowledge of the food production environment.
* Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Good time-management and organisation.
* Great interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to liaise across multiple departments.
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
* Good IT skills including Microsoft Office package and Maxoptra.
* A valid UK driving license.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Norfolk, working 7:00am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday. The offered salary for this position is £25,000 - £30,000 dependant on experience.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Tasha Coe – Senior Recruitment Specialist at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.