Purchasing and Logistics Manager
This newly created position will be responsible for maintaining suitable and sufficient stock levels that satisfy customers’ requirements. This will be achieved through the following business functions; Stock control, Purchase Order Processing, Return Order Processing, Resource Planning. This is a key role within the business, and you will be required to build strong working relationships with suppliers.
* Maintain suitable and sufficient stock to fulfil sales orders within our quoted lead times
* Responsible for all aspect of purchasing and stock management from initial purchase order processing to authorisation of invoice from the supplier
* Create and develop a materials resource planning method to predict future requirements
* Monitor and report on supplier performance and compliance
* Identify possible financial savings by volume discounts, rationalising of suppliers and deliveries
* Building relationships with suppliers to gain influence to facilitate contributions towards marketing budgets, extended payment terms and fast track deliveries when required
* Determine stock fulfilment requirements to meet the quoted lead times
* Place purchase orders on suppliers to meet quoted lead times and maintain stocked items
* Monitor and liaise with suppliers as necessary to ensure items are delivered on time
* Sage Accounting with respect sales order process, purchase order process, return order process, purchase return process and stock control.
* Key suppliers in terms of contacts, lead times and delivery methods.
* Time management and organisational skills.
* Health and Safety with respect to both your individual and company obligations.
* Strong negotiation skills to obtaining quicker deliveries, bulk/quantity discounts, gaining improved payment terms, discounts in relation to sales targets.
* Good working knowledge of MS Office and Sage – essential (Sage 200 preferable)
* Excellent working knowledge of excel spreadsheets
* Based in Leatherhead
* £35,000 - £40,000
* 08:30 – 5:30 Monday – Thursday 08:30 – 4:30 Friday
* Stakeholder pensions
* Discretionary Company bonus
* Free Car parking
Optima Recruitment specialists in Permanent & Temporary Recruitment, including; Administration, Secretarial & PA, Accounts & Finance, Graduate Opportunities, Human Resources, Recruitment Consultancy, Sales & Marketing, Customer Service and Legal
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.