Are you looking for a new role as a Transport and Logistics Manager?
look no further!
I am currently supporting a food manufacture in the search for a
Transport and logistics Manager to join their team. This is a very
exciting role which has great prospects for the right candidate. This
role is suitable for someone who is wanting to join an organisation
where they can prove themselves and progress further into their
career, this role will allow the right candidate to build and shape
the Despatch and Transport Operations of a growing and successful food
The responsibilities of the Transport and Logistics Manager;
* Strategically plan and manage logistics: Picking, distribution and
transportation out to their shops.
* Lead, direct, optimize and coordinate all outbound shipping to
over 50 shops through their own transport fleet.
* Lead, direct, optimise and coordinate all outbound packing
operations through their Despatch team.
* Keep track of quality, performance, delivery times, transport
costs and efficiency
* Arrange despatch, plan routes and process shipments
* Resolve any arising problems during the day-to-day running of the
despatch and transport teams
* Liaise with Bakery teams, Engineering, technical and hygiene to
ensure on time despatch and delivery.
* Supervise, coach and train despatch and transportation workforce
* Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
* Develop, maintain and analyse metrics data to assess performance
and drive improvements
* Responsible for complying with laws & safety regulations
The right candidate for this role will have been in a similar position
within a food manufacture or a FMCG organisation. They will be CPC
Qualified and a Operators Licence in preferred
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.