Job Title: Transport Manager
* To ensure that operations are carried out in line with UK and EU Transport laws and regulations.
* All transport compliances are changed and implemented where required, existing compliances are met, monitored and recorded.
* Manage the whole fleet of delivery vehicles and a small number of its sister companies fleet
* Assisting in planning of loads and daily scheduling of vehicles to provide savings.
* Monthly reporting to demonstrate savings and performance issues good and bad, introduce Best practice procedure.
* Manage a small team of logistics staff and drivers.
* Monitor educate and train drivers to achieve all round compliance and performance.
* To monitor and implement better and quicker verbal communication from logistic team to customers, and internal colleagues.
* Making sure the operations meets its targets
* Coordinating any staff training.
* To deal with any yard issues involving drivers or vehicles.
* You will be based in Doncaster but manage the transport operations in the Liverpool & Scotland branch so occasional travel will be required.
* Good understanding of UK and EU Transport laws and regulations
* Experience planning and scheduling vehicles
* Provide onsite First Aid cover, if qualified.
ACS are recruiting for a Transport Manager. If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Transport Manager, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Transport Manager. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Transport Manager with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Transport Manager role you desire
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.