On a permanent Monday to Friday day time contract based in a busy transport office, you will be responsible for ensuring that the transport operation is compliant and efficient. In return you’ll receive a salary of between £38,000 - £40,000, competitive pension scheme and fantastic chances for development. Our client is a multinatinal 3PL with a stable E-commerce contract. Working for a leading player in E-commerce, you’ll be encouraged to take P&L and operational ownership and drive forward improvements, offering savings to the customer.
Who is our client? They have a fast paced, busy transport operation with a large team of drivers, shift managers, planners and administrators. This contract is predominantly E-commerce.
What are they looking for? An experienced, proactive Transport Operations Manager, Senior Transport Shift Manager or current Transport Manager. You must have experience dealing with large transport operations, ideally in a FMCG 3PL environment.
Your duties will include:
* Delivering the daily operating plan according to target cost and SLAs, to a network of stores and RDCs
* Constantly monitoring the transport budget and taking responsibility for budget
* Demonstrating strong commerciality and improving targets to deliver better value for the customer
* Financial planning for peak periods and resource planning
* Challenging current site culture and encouraging others to take ownership of continuous improvement
* Adeptly use TMS, fleet management systems and Excel to analyse driver performance
* Leading by example and coach team members with PDPs, succession plans and regular feedback
* Involving yourself in HR processes such as disciplinaries and grievances
* Performance managing your Shift Managers, Transport Supervisors and Transport Planners through PDPs, upskilling and 1-2-1s
* Challenging current processes on site and new initiatives to deliver significant cost savings
* Willingness to be flexible according to business needs
Requirements for the Transport Manager role:
* CPC national is required
* Previous experience of managing large operations (large team of drivers and over 20 office staff, including managers)
* Proven ability to develop others and drive CI
* Fantastic transport compliance knowledge
* FMCG Transport network experience, ideally with exposure to retail delivery
* Experience working in a 3PL
Benefits for the Transport Manager:
* Salary between £38,000 - £40,000
* Competitive pension scheme
* The chance to benefit from fast progression in a 3PL
* Access to a whole network of sites for different internal job postings
* Opportunities to work in a stable contract
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.