FTH Hire Group is one of the largest independent plant and tool hire companies in the South East of England. We currently have 4 depots (Farnborough. Guildford, Farnham and Basingstoke) and a new depot opening in Reading in June 2019. As a result of our expansion plans, we are looking to take on additional high caliber team members.
As the Transport Manager you will be responsible to oversee the day to day operations of delivery / exchange and collection operations. You will also plan and control the operations team as well as allocate vehicles efficiently.
Monday to Friday 7am - 6pm.
Transport Manager Position Overview
* Plan and control the team operations ensuring the co-operation of all required activates.
* Allocate and control vehicles to meet the operational requirements
* Ensure the incoming workload is coordinated via the internal management system
* Ensure drivers maintain all standards set by the company and adhere to all road regulations.
* Dispatch drivers to delivery / collection
* Assign routes and service tickets to appropriate drivers throughout the day
* Monitor driver activity to maximize driver time and productivity
* Ensure the continuous training and development of operations staff and drivers.
* Undertake any other tasks requested by senior managers and directors that fall within the remit of the job
Transport Manager Position Requirements
* Previous Transport Manager Experience
* International CPC in road haulage
* A proven track record of supervising a logistics operation successfully
* Ability to influence a team of drivers
* Commercially focused and results driven
* Knowledge of road transport and relevant environmental legislation
* Full UK Driving License
* Sales bonus scheme
* Pension - auto enrolment
* 29 days holiday, including Bank Holidays
* Perk Box
* Birthday gift
* Loyalty bonus scheme
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.