My client, a Medium-sized Waste Management company are currently looking to recruit a motivated and driven Transport Manager to be responsible for managing and coordinating all transport matters within the business. This includes managing budgets, organising schedules & routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements, and making sure that drivers are aware of their duties whilst meeting customer demands.
Candidates DO NOT have to have previous Waste Management experience as full industry training will be provided and the business is open to experienced Transport Planners who are looking to make the next step to further their career.
Duties will include:
* Ensuring Health and Safety, Environmental and Operator's Licence compliance, whilst delivering best in class customer service
* To provide creative, flexible, tenacious, diplomatic and consistent leadership to develop the transport team.
* Understanding the company’s operating systems and communication devices, ensuring that all reporting staff are using the systems and devices correctly and in full.
* Overseeing cost control, actively seek to improve efficiency, achieve best value for money and increase margin.
* Conducting induction training for all new drivers on H&S, near miss reporting, operating and emergency procedures.
* Overseeing vehicle management, including: maintenance and inspection; safe vehicle operations; wheel security; monitor vehicle gross weights, etc.
* Planning driver resource strategically, tactically and operationally to utilise fleet to its maximum capacity, fully utilising the route optimising software.
* Monitoring and seeking to improve driver performance using tracking system and constructive driver feedback.
* Working closely with the Plant Operations Team to ensure that all logistics solutions are fully integrated, particularly regarding waste disposal.
* Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Haulage, or willing to work towards it.
* Working knowledge of ADR.
* Customer, people and results focused.
* Work logically and systematically to solve problems, make decisions and think laterally and flexibly with the ability to manage sustainable change.
* Commercially astute, analytical with a high degree of numeracy.
* IT literate and able to leverage software and hardware platforms to advantage.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a family orientated team, as well as manage people; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Maintain a positive attitude to continued learning and growth.
In return the company is offering 25 days holiday, company pension and free on-site parking
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.