To plan, supervise and control the activities of the transport department in order to meet the company’s requirements. To place orders for hired equipment.
* To co-ordinate deliveries to meet sites and clients requirements.
* To arrange the hire of hauliers vehicles at economic rates as and when required
* To control and co-ordinate the activities of the loading gang including safe working practices
* Ensure, wherever possible, that goods are delivered in full first time
* Arrange the preparation of advise notes
* Ensure that accurate records of delivered loads are kept
* Control the use of the company’s car pool
* Arrange for the servicing and maintenance of the company’s vehicle fleet, including fork lift trucks.
* Arrange for repairs and servicing to be completed at economical rates
* Following requests from sites for hired equipment, place orders with the relevant companies.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
* 4 years experience in similar roll
* Communication skills, verbal and written
* Some computer knowledge
* Ability to prioritise
Highly Desirable (but not essential)
* Certificate in lifting and slinging
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.