Taskmaster (Resources) Ltd acting as an agency on behalf of our client is recruiting for a Transport manager based in Chesterfield. The successful candidate will be an experienced logistics manager, who will control the day to day running of an operation involving a large fleet of LGV vehicles and drivers.
You will be financially aware and be able to collate and analyse information to achieve relevant KPI's. You will be customer focused and be fully aware of Health and Safety responsibilities.
You will have proven experience in driver training programs and fuel efficient monitoring.
You will be PC literate and be familiar with transport planning software, ideally Tachomaster and Microsoft Office applications.
* Direct activities related to dispatching, routing and tracking transportation vehicles.
* Plan, organize and manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organisational requirements.
* Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer complaints
Implement schedule and policy changes
* Collaborate with other managers and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
* Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, Union contracts and government regulations.
* Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings.
* National / International CPC Holder.
* Self motivated and have the ability to make decisions on own initiative.
* Reliable and trustworthy.
* Able to communicate at all levels.
* Fully aware of the company rules and procedures as laid down in the company employee handbook
* Able to think strategically as well as tactically.
Taskmaster Resources Ltd is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy (permanent vacancy)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.