Our client, a leading Distribution and Forwarding company is looking for an experienced Transport Manager.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the Transport operation in accordance with predetermined budgetary and customer service metrics.
Responsible for the management and day to day running of the Transport operation.
To maintain relationships with key customer stakeholders, team members and peer groups.
* Manage, support and motivate the team to achieve daily output objectives and deliver KPI’s.
* Co-ordinate the overall Transport operation to ensure optimum utilisation of resource, equipment and technology to achieve KPI targets.
* Regularly meet with the Transport team to set tasks, redefine priorities and review progress.
* Full accountability for the Transport operation team and department P&L.
* Investigate and action PCN’s (Penalty Charge Notices).
* Communicate and escalate any potential service issues to the Customer Services team.
* Ensure all investigations into accidents are carried out thoroughly with appropriate timely action.
* Ensure effective debrief communications, escalation and feedback with drivers.
* Ensure compliance of the team’s working hours with Driving Regulations, Organisation of Working Time and Agency Worker Regulations; taking appropriate action to maintain compliance, when needed.
* Previous experience of working in the Transport industry.
* Strong engaging people manager with the ability to identify and develop talent
* Strong Health and Safety knowledge and awareness with a passion to make improvements in this area.
* Good geographical knowledge
* Experience in scheduling.
* IT Literate – Microsoft Packages.
* Up-to-date commercial and legislative knowledge.
* A flexible approach to working hours and location; to include weekends and Bank Holidays, if business needs necessitate
* Seeks opportunities for and delivers continuous improvement
* Continuously improves safety and wellness
* Communicates about changes to ensure buy-in to the change
* Explains the reasons for change and communicates the change plan
* Executes changes effectively, following clear plans and processes.
Dependant on experience
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.