John Ashley Recruitment are exclusively looking to appoint a dynamic, high achieving logistics and storage professional with an exemplary track level of achievement reporting to board level.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
We are seeking a commercially astute operational professional who can implement and drive robust business principles and lead the haulage, storage and logistics for the entire site and be prominent in the future growth of the business. The General Manager ensures that all the operation operates smoothly on a daily basis while constantly maintaining exceptional service within agreed budget parameters. You will fully understand, articulate and implement best practices related to their area of expertise, providing training, support and guidance during the delivery of the day to day operation. At all times the job holder will cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including consisting of, but not limited to the operational team.
* Legally responsible person for ensuring the company operates in accordance with current legislation
* Ensuring compliance with all Health and Safety regulations in accordance with company policy as documented
* Provide direction, execution and coordination of all distribution matters.
* Monitor and oversee all activities related to routing, dispatching, tracking and maintenance of vehicles.
* Manage and lead the departments business development strategy
* Overall responsibility for all operational transport colleagues.
* Ensure all vehicles and equipment are maintained and servicing as per agreed schedules.
* All operational transport colleagues have full training and knowledge of appropriate current transport and H&S legislation
* All procurement processes, vendor contracts and requisitions approval
* Respond and deal with all complaints from customers or colleagues
* Leadership of all transport colleagues
* Implementation of schedules, objectives and policy by effective collaboration with all departments and colleagues.
* Through effective leadership ensure that all operational tasks are completed accurately within agreed time constraints
* Active involvement in strategic development and strategy making.
* Where required conducting or ensure that all capability and grievance investigations are completed accurately and where appropriate lead any resulting disciplinary action
* Manage subcontractors to ensure that they perform in line with their contractual agreements.
* Prepare estimates in relation to project and client requirements.
* Ensure regular colleague feedback is given through structured 1-1's covering both exceptional and poor performance.
* Accurate and effective leadership of all aspects of health and safety including full investigations on any failures
* All operational reporting detailing financials, performance, KPls, incidents and accidents
* Ensure all checks and documentation required by law are completed by the team on-time and in full.
* Ensure all suppliers have current and valid insurance certificates, operating certificates and accreditations
* Develop and utilise contractor database.
* Oversee all colleague recruitment and appointment of subcontractors
* Attendance to monthly operational meeting and quarterly director meeting. Have a good understanding of the end to end operation and apply this throughout the life cycle of the depot
* Apply in depth knowledge of specific operational tasks across all end to end processes
* Ensure all colleagues are given appropriate time to attend training
KEY EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Exposure to Supply Chain/Logistics environments
Highly organised, efficient & approachable individual to integrate into existing company culture
National CPC Holder
High interpersonal skills with the ability to influence & gain buy in to often complex/ challenging projects
Self motivated with high levels of organisational skills ensuring varying workloads & business priorities are delivered
Minimum 3 years' experience of subject matter experience
This is a significant opportunity for you to make your mark within a highly innovative and respected organisation that can offer challenge and diversity in your day to day responsibilities. If you feel that you can meet this challenge, then apply online for an immediate consideration. It is likely that 1st interviews will be carried out via Zoom Video calls with the current difficult trading conditions
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.