We are currently working with one of the South East’s leading utility companies involved in power, water and telecoms projects.
This position offers a stable career with a well-established tier 1 contractor with exciting growth projections over the next 5 years.
Salary to £60k | Company Car or Allowance (£5k) | Stakeholder Pension | 28 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
* Reporting to Directors and Senior Management you will be responsible for advising on transport requirements and compliance
* Managing a team of staff and drivers you will be responsible for providing and managing a safe, efficient and cost-effective service for a fleet of grab lorries, low loaders, concrete lorries, vans and cars
* Formulating a programme for all transportation in the business, factoring in goals, priorities and budgetary constraints
* Overseeing the day to day running of the transport department. Ensuring that operations meet the companies safety, performance and transport targets.
* Ensure that adequate practices are in place for company procedures, codes of practice and statutory provisions
* Working with the SHEQ team to ensure that SHEQ policies and procedures and compliance are achieved cross the company
* Ensure that monitoring, performance and safety targets are met with reports provided
* Ensuring that all 'O’ Licence and FORS requirements are complied with
* Monitoring driver’s hours; ensuring that all operations are carried out in accordance with the working time directive and the transport Act
* Providing regular communication to site staff in relation to transport requirements and compliance
* Ensuring vehicle and driver compliance in satellite depots Nationwide with frequent spot checks carried out
* Ensuring HGV vehicle audits and safety inspections with all corrective actions carried out within allocated timeframes
* Create transport I.T procedures to be implemented across the business with all relevant documentation approved
* Previous experience as a Transport Manager for a Civil Engineering / Utility company
* Qualified with Transport Manager CPC with excellent knowledge of Goods Vehicles Operator licence (O Licence) requirements
* It is essential that you have excellent I.T Skills in Microsoft Office packages
#plant #transport #service #repair #maintenance #fitter #technician #mechanic #HGV #car #workshop #management #maindealer #commercial #operatorlicence #olicence #CPC #vosa #dvsa #fors #civilengineering #utilities
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.