We are currently seeking a Transport Manager to work for an established logistics business you will be required to manage our fleet of heavy goods vehicles to successfully execute the movement of goods and materials from one destination to another.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
· Manage the transport schedules to maximise fleet utilisation.
· Resource and allocate drivers to vehicles to meet daily requirements.
· To oversee and manage abnormal load movement applications.
· To manage drivers daily working hours to current legislation
· To oversee and manage driver tachographs against vehicle tracking system and transport schedules.
· Record and analyse all fleet activities.
· Work to legal requirements of the Transport Act, keep up to date with all legislative and H&S changes including changes to Company policies.
· To submit a monthly division report to board.
Skills & Experience:
· Operator CPC Transport Manager qualification
· Operationally aware, with excellent communication, problem solving and decision-making skills
· Commercially astute
· Ability to influence people at all levels
· IT literate to include the use of Microsoft office
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.