Transport Supervisor required. Our client has been providing high quality warehousing and logistical services since the early 80’s. The company operates 24/7, 365 days a year across the UK and Europe and has built a reputation for reliability and first-class service.
As the Transport Supervisor you will be responsible for managing a fleet of 20 Curtain Siders operating throughout Europe and the UK. You will be solely accountable for managing a small transport team, including 2 Transport Planners. This will be a fast-paced hands-on role within a forward-thinking company that have big plans on the horizon.
Transport Supervisor – Position Overview
* Being responsible for a team of 3-4
* Receive and manage transport orders.
* Communicate daily with the Export & Import Operational teams
* Check and verify the transit of shipments related to planned national / LTL/FTL shipments
* Work closely with UK hubs/partners to streamline the traffic operation.
* Check and provide operational KPIs for service providers / customers.
* Communicate with drivers & hauliers.
* Operates in compliance with the procedures related to FTL / LTL, national transport.
* Supervise the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organisation.
* Improve the saturation of trucks and maximise payloads.
* Implementing and complying with company policies and procedures
* Other general ad hoc management duties
Transport Supervisor – Position Requirements
* Proven experience in senior transport operations role
* European planning experience and knowledgeable on customs
* Good knowledge of the road freight industry and prior experience in trailer planning
* An understanding of compliance within the transport industry
* Ability to build positive working relations with customers, suppliers, and colleagues.
* Good financial awareness
* Must be IT literate (Including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel)
* The ability to working under pressure within a busy transport office.
* Excellent communication skills
Transport Supervisor – Position Remuneration
* Salary £32,000 - £36,000 (Dependant on experience)
* Monday – Friday 08:00 – 18:00
* 28 days holiday, including bank.
* Pension scheme
* Parking on site
STREAMLINE SEARCH ARE ACTING AS A RECRUITMENT AGENCY IN RELATION TO THIS VACANCY
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.