Are you an experienced transport or logistics professional looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a UK Logistics Manager for our team based in Rochester.
Joining our team, the UK Logistics Manager will manage the UK Logistics Team on a daily basis, ensuring the logistics budget is spent in the most cost effective way, delivering the best value for money and ensure that the Company and all external hauliers remain legally compliant. The UK Logistics Manager will organise the storage and distribution of goods, ensuring that the right products are delivered to the right location on time and at a good cost. Responsibilities include:
- Understanding the whole supply chain in order to manage it effectively and liaise with all stakeholders
- Manage stock levels, delivery times and transport costs
- Evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs
- Develop business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions
- Understand, work with and help to develop e-commerce
- Continually try to improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures
- Implement health and safety procedures
What do I need?
Extensive experience and knowledge of transport control and logistics is essential for this role. The UK Logistics Manager will have an in depth understanding of haulage and transport legislation and health and safety procedures. We are looking for a seasoned logistics professional who has a detailed understanding of how to manage a UK logistics operation. You will also:
- Hold Transport Manager's CPC
- MS Office applications are essential especially Word and Excel.
- Have knowledge of waste / recycling transport planning
- Have experience of using telephone conversations to communicate effectively
In return for your hard work as our UK Logistics Manager, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.