Job Title – Warehouse Logistics Manager
Contract – Permanent
Location – Shrewsbury
Salary – £25k
Hours – Monday to Friday 08:00 to 17:00
Manbat Ltd operates as an importer, stockist and distributor of stored energy products – we supply batteries for every application. With over 60 years of experience and 12 warehouses throughout the country, we are one of the leading distributors of batteries in the UK.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Warehouse Logistics Manager to manage a team of 7 Warehouse / Driving staff.
Reporting to the Branch Manager
* Manage and communicate Company policies to ensure a safe and efficient working environment.
* Demonstrate professionalism and provide outstanding customer service both internally and externally.
* Manage goods received and despatch by Company vehicles or freight forwarder.
* Controlling stock inventory to ensure this fulfils service levels of efficiency and safety.
* Meeting delivery targets fulfilling operational and customer demand, both internal depot transfers and export.
* Maintain vehicle and mechanical handling equipment service intervals and ensure daily safety checks are completed.
* Ensuring security arrangements are in place.
* Scheduling equipment maintenance and replacing when required.
* Determine staffing levels (agency use) and assign workloads.
* Conduct periodic and quarterly physical stock checks.
* Plan, organise, supervise daily warehouse operation activities
* Monitor and provide daily KPI figures relating to warehouse department.
* Train and supervise warehouse staff.
* Undertake warehouse racking and housekeeping thorough inspections providing monthly reports to the Compliance Dept.
* Report supplier service issues centrally.
* Oversee customer returned product including warranty process in adherence with Company procedures.
* Represent the Department during internal and external ISO audits.
* Communicate with the HR Department in relation to recruitment, employee development plans and employee relations issues.
* Manage the time and attendance on Company system for all direct reports.
* Deliver toolbox talks in line with Company objectives and ad hoc in response to safety alerts.
* Carry out incident investigations to provide accurate and detailed reports, taking proactive measures for improvement.
* Support the HR Department in facilitating investigations, chairing investigative meetings for
employee relations matters, including minute taking for disciplinary and performance meetings.
* Professional supervisor with proven record of developing and implementing business plans and goals, working productively with a wide range of people.
* Extremely motivated and proactive with strong leadership, motivation and managerial skills.
* Demonstrated competency in developing and evaluating employees to achieve Company and personal objectives
* Demonstrated competency in stock inventory management
* Competent use of Microsoft Office Suite
Qualifications and experience
* Minimum 1 year in similar position
* Minimum 3 years in progressive position
* NEBOSH General Certificate or IOSH Managing Safely
* NVQ Level 3 Management or equivalent Diploma
* Wholesale distribution experience preferred
* Supervisory experience essential
To request more information about the role please contact Amanda Morgan.
Closing date: 31 October 2018
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.