Fleet News

GM/Fiat alliance bears fruit

THE first results of last year's General Motors alliance with Fiat will come in 2002/03 with the Italian manufacturer's diesel engine technology being used in GM vehicles. Fiat will produce models powered by its partner's petrol engines, according to GM Europe president Mike Burns.

In March last year GM took a 20% stake in Fiat with an option to buy the remaining 80% which many analysts were expecting to be exercised by the American car maker.

Leave a comment for your chance to win £20 of John Lewis vouchers.

Every issue of Fleet News the editor picks his favourite comment from the past two weeks – get involved for your chance to appear in print and win!

Login to comment

Comments

No comments have been made yet.

Compare costs of your company cars

Looking to acquire new vehicles? Check how much they'll cost to run with our Car Running Cost calculator.

What is your BIK car tax liability?

The Fleet News car tax calculator lets you work out tax costs for both employer and employee