The Avis valet team is sharing its top cleaning tips for the very first time:
- Mayonnaise can be great at getting rid of road tar stuck to tyres or paintwork.
- Try using cooking oil on paintwork and tyres, or to remove the black marks left by stubborn brake dust on wheel arches. It’s also great for getting rid of bird droppings, or splattered bugs on your windscreen.
- Baking soda is excellent at lifting any kind of stain or mark; dab onto the interior and leave for about 20 minutes before rinsing off, to leave a lovely fresh smell.
- Use white vinegar on windscreens for crystal clear visibility as vinegar stops dust and smears collecting on the glass.
- Wrap an ice cube in a cloth, or pop some into a freezer bag, and hold over chewing gum stuck to car seats. The gum will eventually break off with no sticky residue.
- Linseed oil – you can use this for cleaning leather upholstery in your car as it both cleans and softens the leather.
- Sticky tape – use this to remove any hidden dust particles from the seat fabric, the tape lifts the dust off whereas a brush would simply push it in deeper.