GreenRoad has announced the addition of an idling performance solution to its overall service to help fleets further reduce fuel consumption and vehicle emissions.
GreenRoad’s new idling management capability quickly identifies specific drivers, vehicles, or trips that negatively impact fuel performance. This customisable solution automatically identifies idling activities that are exceptions to company policy, based on client-defined policy thresholds, applying sophisticated filtering to the unavoidable idling that occurs at traffic lights and junctions.
“GreenRoad is now able to provide managers and drivers with complete control over idling, eliminating the cost and environmental impact incurred by this manageable driving behaviour,” said Aidan Rowsome, general manager,
GreenRoad Europe. “As our UK customers work hard to improve the fuel economy of their fleets, this innovative new feature provides an easy way to squeeze even more miles per gallon.”
Key additional features and benefits include:
- Eliminates the need for manual effort or data download procedures
- Minimises the time and effort required to assess and sustain improvements in idling performance
- Has no impact on vehicle warranty or sub-systems
- Identifies vehicles with weak batteries or electrical system issues
- GPS Mapping component allows managers to see where idling is most prevalent.