End of year data from Kwik Fit reveals that in 2010:
- The number of fleet vehicle MoT tests undertaken in 2010 was 35,666, a rise of nearly 50% on 2009’s total of 23,927
- The number of brake-related jobs on fleet vehicles undertaken was 59,248 last year (2009: 53,840).
- The number of services on company cars and vans completed last year was up by 16% compared with 2009.
The majority of business relates to tyre repair and replacement, but the company is leveraging long-established business relationships following the launch of mechanical work at its 669 centres in recent years.
That is particularly manifesting itself in the increase in the volume of MoTs and services being undertaken at centres, according to Kwik-Fit Fleet sales director Peter Lambert.
He said: “We continue to provide an excellent service to existing tyre customers. Approximately 95% of Kwik-Fit Fleet turnover is from tyre business with contract hire and leasing companies and end-user fleets.
“Typically, existing fleet customers first look to Kwik-Fit to undertake MoTs on their vehicles. Following that experience they are then more than happy for our technicians to undertake more complex brake and servicing work.”
The increase in mechanical work is being driven by a number of factors including:
- Kwik-Fit offering a nationwide network of centres
- Seven-day a week centre opening making it more convenient for drivers to book their vehicles in for work
- A booking typically available within 48 hours rather than the 14-day wait for some franchised dealers
- National pricing agreements across all centres in place
- Significant savings - on average 20% - against prices charged by franchise dealers for servicing work
- Vehicle serviced in accordance with manufacturer scheduled servicing requirements
- The introduction last year of Bosch brake products across the network
- Recession-induced lengthening fleet replacement cycles meaning more vehicles require MoTs and services.
Lambert said: “Fleets want a fast, efficient and cost-effective service that is convenient for their company car and van drivers. That is exactly what Kwik-Fit Fleet is delivering.
“As a result of our long-established reputation for high quality service delivery built on the repair and replacement of tyres, batteries and exhausts more organisation are turning to Kwik-Fit for vehicle-related mechanical work.”
In the coming months Kwik-Fit Fleet is confident that demand for all mechanical work will further increase with the roll-out of new initiatives designed to make company car and van servicing and MoTs an even more attractive proposition to the corporate sector.