Due to the level of last minute interest, the deadline for entries to Brake's Fleet Safety Awards has been extended to Friday 28 February 2014.
Brake, the road safety charity, is giving fleet operators and suppliers an extra few weeks to get their nominations in for one of its prestigious awards, which recognise improvements made in fleet safety. Organisations who want to be in with a chance to win need to enter online at www.fleetsafetyawards.com by Friday 28 February 2014.
The awards will be presented during a glittering gala dinner following the close of Brake's Fleet Safety Conference. The combined event will take place on Thursday 5 June 2014, at the St John's Hotel, Solihull, Birmingham.
The awards, sponsored by Arval, will be offered in 11 categories, ranging from Company Driver Safety to Road Safety in the Community, with awards also available for outstanding individuals in fleet risk management. They recognise the achievements of fleet operators and suppliers working to help reduce the number of road crashes involving at-work drivers. Last year's winners represent a diverse range of fleet organisations including BT, ASDA, and Eurovia.
This year's awards will be offered in the following categories:
- Company Driver Safety Award
- Eco Fleet Award
- Fleet Safety Analysis and Action Award
- Fleet Safety Innovation Award
- Fleet Safety Partnership Award
- Fleet Safety Product Award
- Road Safety in the Community Award
- Safe Vehicles Award
- Road Risk Manager of the Year Award
- Best Newcomer to Road Risk Management
- Kevin Storey Award for Outstanding Commitment to Road Safety
The conference, sponsored by Aviva, will provide an opportunity to hear from leading academic and practitioner speakers on key fleet safety issues, as well as best practice examples from organisations. Conference themes include:
- Managing grey fleet vehicles
- Effective driver training and support
- Road safety and CSR