Fleet News

Company Car in Action promises to be bigger and better

The countdown has begun to this year’s Fleet News Company Car in Action arrive-and-drive event, with organisers promising more action than ever before.

Already, 22 of the UK’s leading manufacturer brands have already signed-up to CCIA 2014 and numbers are set to grow in the coming weeks.

Chris Lester, Fleet News events director, said: “The 2013 show was a huge success and we have been overwhelmed at the response from exhibitors and visitors alike. This has given us the confidence to look at enhancing the show further for 2014 to ensure CCIA remains the premier driving event for the fleet industry.”

The free-to-attend event, which takes place on June 10 and 11 at Millbrook Proving Ground near Bedford, provides the perfect opportunity for fleet decision-makers and leasing personnel to put the latest company cars through their paces.

Around 300 models – the highest number ever - will be available for unaccompanied test drives across four unique routes, offering city, off-road, alpine and high speed driving.

And, when not enjoying the 50 miles of test track, visitors will be able to explore the additional services being featured in the CCIA exhibition hall, which will also play host to two thought-provoking seminars on grey fleet management and the impact of recent DVLA changes to driving licences and tax discs.

However, fleet decision-makers can also look forward to a number of new initiatives for the 2014 show.

Manufacturers will be offering visitors the opportunity to test the latest technological developments such as autonomous emergency braking and park assist, and an EV/hybrid zone will showcase the very latest in ultra-low emission vehicle powertrains.

“Manufacturers are constantly developing new technologies to improve driver safety and drive down emissions,” said Lester.

“It’s therefore vital we continue to adapt and enhance Company Car in Action to ensure visitors are given access to the latest developments to help inform their fleet decision-making.” 

Almost 900 fleet decision-makers attended CCIA last year, up 11% on 2012, with more expected at the 2014 event.

The vast majority – 84% - came from the private sector, with the remaining 16% from public sector organisations. Their feedback suggested CCIA 2013 was the best ever since Fleet News acquired the driving show in 2007.

Fleet News editor-in-chief Stephen Briers said: “If you are involved in fleet, you need to be at Company Car in Action 2014.

“To make informed decisions about vehicles, it is vital to have been behind the wheel of the cars you are discussing. 

"Only then can you make an informed decision about choice lists and provide drivers with the advice and guidance they deserve.

“CCIA not only gives you unrivalled access to test drive hundreds of models, it also offers fleet decision-makers the opportunity to talk to key manufacturers, debate key fleet issues and keep abreast of the latest technological developments.”

For more information about Company Car in Action 2014 and to register you attendance, visit www.companycarinaction.com.
 


Leave a comment for your chance to win £20 of John Lewis vouchers.

Every issue of Fleet News the editor picks his favourite comment from the past two weeks – get involved for your chance to appear in print and win!

Login to comment

Comments

No comments have been made yet.

Compare costs of your company cars

Looking to acquire new vehicles? Check how much they'll cost to run with our Car Running Cost calculator.

What is your BIK car tax liability?

The Fleet News car tax calculator lets you work out tax costs for both employer and employee