Road safety charity Brake has confirmed the speaker line-up for its Fleet Safety Conference in Birmingham on Friday, May 25.
This year’s conference - ‘Facing the Future - are you Ready?’ - will see experts from the world of fleet share best practice in managing road risk.
It will include breakout sessions will cover topical issues including routing and journey planning, electric vehicles, managing young drivers, trucks - new vehicle standards, vans - the future of delivery and recruitment and driver training, giving delegates the opportunity to shape the conference around their own agenda and professional needs.
The speakers and their subjects include:
- Safety through innovation - Richard Cuerden, academy director, TRL
- The modern driver - Lisa Dorn, associate professor, Cranfield University
- A holistic approach to risk assessment - Dave Conway, quality and environmental manager, FM Conway
- Embedding an effective risk management policy - Andrew Drewary, consultant collision analyst
- Prioritising people and their welfare - Rebecca Posner, psychologist, TRL
- Managing young drivers - John Boocock, managing director, Fleetmaster
- Recruitment and driver training - Niall McNally, senior executive, NVD
- Electric vehicles - Mark Bromhall, group road safety manager, Royal Mail
- Trucks: New vehicle standards - Natalie Chapman, Fleet Transport Association
Fleet decision-makers and suppliers are being urged to book to attend the conference as the road safety charity says it expects to sell out its venue at the Birmingham Conference and Events Centre, Birmingham (UK).
The conference costs £60+VAT to attend and places can be booked at: http://brakepro.org/take-part/fleet-safety-conference.