The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, has launched a taskforce aimed at electric vehicle uptake in the capital.
Representatives from the commercial vehicle - including the Society for Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT) - and bus industries are among the taskforce members who will review and optimise the EV charging infrastructure in the capital, with a focus on getting individuals and business to adopt EV technology to improve air quality.
Other taskforce members include the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV) and the Freight Transport Association (FTA).
Khan said: “We’ve received huge support for this new taskforce, showing it is not just an environment or transport issue but one that is vital to the future of our city, and organisations across all sectors are stepping up and accepting they have a part to play.”
The full list of taskforce members is:
- British Electrotechnical and Allied Manufacturers Association (BEAMA)
- British Retail Consortium
- Cross River Partnership
- Energy UK
- Federation of Small Businesses
- Freight Transport Association
- London Councils
- London First
- Office for Low Emission Vehicles
- RAC Foundation
- Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
- Society for Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT)
- Shell UK
- SSE Enterprise
- UK Power Networks