Brake, the road safety charity, has recognised organisations for their contribution to improving the safety of at-work drivers, at its annual Fleet Safety Awards.
Winners were announced last week on Thursday (October 11) at the Hilton Metropole in Birmingham. The awards, sponsored by Trimble, were attended by over 400 guests, making it Brake’s biggest safety awards to date.
Big winners on the night were Royal Mail Group, which picked up two awards, both the Sustainable Journeys Award and Road Risk Manager of the Year Award. The prestigious Kevin Storey Award for Outstanding Commitment to Road Safety was awarded to Tracey Fuller.
Sarah Plumb, senior fleet officer at Brake, said: “The awards recognise the achievements of those working to help reduce the number of road crashes involving at-work drivers and it was fantastic to have organisations and individuals from across the world in attendance to celebrate those achievements. A huge congratulations to the winners and highly commended entrants.”
The 2018 Fleet Safety Award winners are:
- Company Driver Safety Award (small fleet), sponsored by FleetMaster: Mc Ginley Support Services
- Company Driver Safety Award (medium fleet), sponsored by FleetMaster: G’s Fresh – East Anglian Farms
- Company Driver Safety Award (large fleet), sponsored by FleetMaster: Scottish Water
- Sustainable Journeys Award sponsored by Anglian Water: Royal Mail Group
- Dr Will Murray Award for Analysis and Action, sponsored by e-Driving Fleet: Drivermetrics and Schneider Electric
- Fleet Safety Innovation Award, sponsored by Brightmile: BigChange and Silent Night
- Fleet Safety Partnership Award, sponsored by Geotab: Dynes Motor Group and Provision CameraMatics
- Fleet Safety Product Award, sponsored by Ocado Foundation: The Driving Doctor
- Fleet Safety Product Award (in-vehicle technology), sponsored by Ocado Foundation: SafeDrivePod International BV
- Road Safety in the Community Award, sponsored by Johnson & Johnson: Drivewise
- Safe Vehicles Award, sponsored by irtec: Reflex Vehicle Hire
- Road Risk Manager of the Year Award, sponsored by Licence Bureau: Mark Bromhall, Royal Mail Group
- Kevin Storey Award for Outstanding Commitment to Road Safety, sponsored by Arriva: Tracey Fuller
The Brake Fleet Safety Awards 2019 will take place on Thursday, September 19, 2019 at the Hilton Metropole, Birmingham.