Up to five Ford vehicles can be managed from one screen. It can be operated with Apple and Android smartphones and is available in the Apple App Store and Google Play store in the UK, Germany, Spain, Italy and France.
Richard Bunn, FordPass director, Ford Mobility Europe, said: “Time is precious for small business owners, which is why we focus on delivering simple technology solutions that we know will make a big difference.
“The new FordPass Pro app will help our customers spend less time managing their vehicles and more time making their business a success.”
Features within the app include:
• Check In on the home screen for quick access to information about each vehicle
• Vehicle Location lets owners know their vehicle locations at the beginning or end of the day, and helps drivers find their vans in busy locations
• Remote Lock/Unlock provides vehicle safety
• Vehicle Health offers visibility of key vehicle health indicators including fuel levels, oil life, and tyre pressure, helping owners manage vehicle wear and tear.
• Alarm Notification lets drivers and fleet manager know if the alarm has been triggered
• Remote Start lets owners remotely start the engine on automatic vehicles
New features are expected, with Guard Mode soon to allow owners of vehicles equipped with the FordPass Connect on-board modem to be alerted about any activity in their van.
The new app will also bring additional telematics to Ford owners and drivers.