Ford is maintaining a prudent balance in its UK business through increased car retail sales and share, while backing off sales to daily rental fleets.
Ford's top-selling car range secured 13.7% of the January market and Ford commercial vehicle (CV) sales and share were up, compared with January 2012.
According to official sales figures from the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT):
- Ford leads UK overall, car and CV sales in January.
- Ford Fiesta and Focus are the Number one and two best sellers.
- Ford B-MAX accounts for one-in-four of its segment sales.
- Ford Fiesta Van accounts for 65% of its segment.
- Ford Transit maintains its clear lead in overall CV sales.
Overall, January car sales in the UK were up 11.5% at 143,643 registrations, compared with January 2012. Ford sold 19,640 cars in January.
Mark Ovenden, managing director of Ford Britain, said: "Ford is intent on maintaining the quality of its business in a fiercely competitive market. This is reflected in Ford driving up its share of more profitable retail sales while taking out marginal fleet business by lowering sales to daily rental fleets.”